The WECRD board has been busy meeting weekly to discuss and make decisions for the district. Here is a recap of what has been going on.
- WECRD signed a lease agreement with the City of Mountain Home to purchase Railroad Park.
- There was a budget hearing on August 22nd and they approved the 2018-2019 budget.
- There was a ‘Request for Proposals for Architectural and Engineering Services’ that was due by August 24th. WECRD received two proposals, which will hopefully help make the decision process easier and quicker. The directors are reviewing the proposals and will decide to either interview both firms, one firm, or just select the best option without an interview. Once they decide on the architect they can begin finalizing the plans for the indoor pool facility.
- The board has met with the President of the Recreation Foundation of Elmore County, Inc to start back up the capital campaign and to rekindle that relationship. The Foundation is the 501(c) 3 of WECRD and is available to accept donations on behalf of WECRD.
- WECRD is also going to be participating in the Air Force Appreciation Day. On display at the booth will be the conceptual pool plans for the public to view.
- WECRD got news that their current attorney is resigning and is going to work for Elmore County. The board appreciates all that Phil Miller did for the district and wishes him all the best on his next endeavor. They have leads on a new attorney and will make the decision to hire soon.
Phew! It’s been a busy summer and things don’t seem to be slowing down for us! Keep up to date on our latest happenings right here or check us out on Facebook.